45 St. Pauls Street Randwick 2031
(02) 8324 2500
To our valued Ritz Cinemas community,
It is with heavy hearts that we close our doors for a little while, effective immediately.
This is in compliance with the Australian federal government's mandate to temporarily shut down non-essential services to curtail the spread of COVID-19 (novel coronavirus).
Thank you so much for your patience and understanding as we’ve adapted to this rapidly changing situation in the most appropriate ways possible.
Thank you for continuing to choose Ritz Cinemas as your movie haven and sharing in the magic of cinema on the big screen.
Thank you to our loyal and hardworking staff who have weathered the changes and uncertainty with us with professionalism and unwavering positivity.
We have been in the cinema business for over 20 years, yet we felt awe the first time we stepped into cinema 1 at Ritz. A real cinema. A place for films to be cherished.
The Ritz has been operating since 1937 and is an icon of the local and wider Sydney communities. So many amazing experiences are shared here from local fundraisers to major film festivals and film premieres.
We have had the privilege of being in the driver’s seat of Ritz since March 2019. We appreciate the great support you have shown to our eclectic mix of films.
We are proceeding with our plans to renovate and expand; continuing the evolution of the Ritz into a world class hub of film culture.
Your palpable passion for film and cinema will hold us in good stead. We can’t wait to share the next 100 years of cinema with you.
Until then – because we won’t be seeing you for a spell – good afternoon, good evening and good night.
Love, hope and well wishes to you and your loved ones,
The Tamir family and Ritz Cinemas team.
All tickets pre-purchased online will be automatically refunded via your original method of payment. Exclusions apply*.
For any bookings made in person at the box office, please contact us below to organise your refund. We encourage you to do this ASAP by Tuesday 24 March at the latest to avoid delays in receiving your refund.
*Ticket holders for David Attenborough: A Life on Our Planet, Warren Miller's Timeless, and Banff film festival will not be automatically refunded as these sessions will go ahead at some stage. To request a refund please get in touch below.
All current Ritz Royalty memberships will be put on hold until we're back up and running. The validity of your membership will be extended by the amount of time that we have to remain closed.
We won't be able to process any new memberships for the time being.
Thank you so much for your kind words of support and encouragement during this unprecedented time. It means the world to us.
If you are keen to show your support by purchasing a gift card you can do so via our website here with the comfort of knowing they are valid for three (3) years from date of purchase.
- CHIFF (the Children's International Film Festival) has been postponed. It will now take place between July 25 and August 9.
- The CHIFF 2020 Program Launch and NSW Premiere of The Secret Garden has been postponed to an undetermined date. More information will be posted to the website once confirmed.
- The screening of David Attenborough: A Life On Our Planet with pre-filmed introduction and Q&A has been postponed. Ticketholders are encouraged to hold on to their tickets, which will be valid for the rescheduled date. Please contact the cinema if you would prefer a full refund.
- Cinema Reborn will not take place in 2020. Passholders will be contacted about refunds.
- The Banff Mountain Film Festival has been postponed to September 8 and 9. Ticketholders are encouraged to hold on to their tickets.
- Warren Miller's Timeless will go ahead at a date to be confirmed. Ticketholders are encouraged to hold on to their tickets and will not be automatically refunded.
We'd love to hear from you!
Your Cart 0 x Ticket
Time Left minCheckout